Equipment and field manager - The Equipment Manager arranges to have fields set up at the start of the season, recruits people from each team to reline and maintain fields, and arranges for set up, take down, and secure storage of goals and equipment during the season. Additional responsibilities include:
- Unlock gate and goals on game days and maintain equipment
- Order more paint when supplies get low
- Coordinate moving goals to El Dorado/Westwood fields (Soccerfest) in October
- Arranging for off-season storage.
- Publicist - The Publicist will work towards advertising this program in our region. This means making sure that people in the Central Contra Costa County area is aware of the existence of VIP and of where and when to register their children for the program. The publicist can also recruit volunteers for distributing flyers, putting announcements in parent, school, and service organization newsletters, having announcements made at parent meetings, and securing spots for public service announcements. The publicist will perform most of his or her outreach services from February through the end of October.
- Soccerfest Manager - This volunteer is the coordinator for the Soccerfest event - an annual VIP tournament that is usually held in mid to late October with participants coming from different regions including Prunedale, Davis, and Reno. Soccerfest manager assigns to volunteers’ different tasks related to the event and follows up on their completion. He or she provides compliance guidelines to the Soccerfest contributors, and direct or finds resources for them when they face organizational challenges. This manager ensures that the event is well organized and successful.
Safety Coordinator - This volunteer is mostly needed for the Soccerfest Event (organized during July – October). He or she:
-Sends our safety rules and paperwork requirements to different regions (e.g. regional directors or coaches) one month prior to the Soccerfest.
-Is a main contact person for safety rules clarifications or concerns.
-Will set up a Tent at the tournament to assist injured and to observe safety rules compliance.
- Fundraising Manager - This volunteer coordinates the solicitation of donations and sponsors from private businesses and sources to support the VIP program. The fundraising manager should track any funds supplied directly to the VIP organization and coordinate accounting of those with the Concord AYSO Treasurer. This position is most active from April – October.